How to “Anmeldung”:
It is a requirement by law to register your address with the authorities within 2 weeks of taking up your residency in Berlin. It is now possible to make appointments for your registration online or by calling 030 115. The websites are in German, and the person on the phone is likely to only speak german (we can help here).
- Make an appointment online or by phone
- Fill out the paperwork
- Pack your documents
- Off you go!
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
- Visit https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/120686/
- Scroll down to choose the neighbourhood you wish to go to
- or for appointments Berlin wide choose: “Termin berlinweit suchen und buchen“.
There is no need to book an appointment in your neighbourhood. The registration can be done Berlin wide.
- If you need an appointment for more than one person at a time, you need to call 030 115.
- If you need assistance with making the call or want your registration taken care of for you, please get in touch.
INSTRUCTIONS for “SERVICE BERLIN” WEBPAGE:
On the above Berlin’s service webpage you can download the forms needed, scroll down and search for:
- Registration form: “Anmeldung bei der Meldebehörde”
This one you need to fill out for each family member (2 people per form)
- Confirmation of Entry: Muster: “Einzugsbestätigung des Wohnungsgebers (Vermieter)
This one is to be filled out by your landlord if they have not already supplied you with a document confirming your residence.
Bring to your appointment:
- Identification: Passport or EU ID Card (for each family member)
- Registration form – “Anmeldeformular” – use more than one form for more than 2 people (2 persons per page)
- Civil Status Certificate – “Personenstandsurkunde”
Only for your first registration in Berlin, for example: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate
- Confirmation of Entry – “Einzugsbestätigung des Wohnungsgebers” Confirmation from the Landlord that you have moved in.
If you need assistance with making the call or want your registration taken care of for you, please get in touch.